Reasons I love Austin: Hippie Haven of Texas
- Good eats: foodie capital of Texas with vegan options galore, the famous Torchy’s Tacos, and Hey Cupcake!
2. Fantastic music scene: many concerts including the Lumineers, ACL, SXSW.
3. Poetry slams//Andrea Gibson shows
4. Festivals: Zilker Kite Festival, Marley Fest
5. Kayaking along Lady Bird Lake to see thousands of bats fly out from underneath the Congress Bridge
6. Street art
7. First place in Texas that we felt accepted, aka can walk down the street holding hands without attracting stares
8. 6th street bachelorette parties: thankfully no pictures are available from that night
9. Umlauf Sculpture Gardens
10. Barton Springs Pool// Hamilton Pool// Hippie Hollow (clothing optional)
11. Hiking up to Mount Bonnell: admire the mansions that line the water’s edge
12. The many, many college friends who migrated to Austin and now call it home